Ms. Kristy Bormann got married, now “Mrs. Johnson!”

Ms. Kristy Bormann got married, now Mrs. Johnson!

Jordyn Bohlken, Staff Writer

On Saturday, November 8th, at 2:00 in the afternoon, CCHS English teacher Mrs. Kristy Johnson married her fiancé of nine months at the beautiful St. Therese Chapel here on campus. Mrs. Johnson and her husband chose the CCHS chapel for their wedding because she was opting for a more simple and relaxed celebration. The reception was at Orfila Winery in Escondido. Mrs. Johnson said, “I love wine and wine tasting, so I thought it would be fun to find a winery, but when we saw Orfila’s beautiful, sprawling vineyards and the tent space for the reception, we knew that it was the place!”

The newlywed couple chose their wedding date because they both love the fall. They also thought that it would be nice to look forward to Christmas after the wedding. Airfare for guests coming to the wedding from out of town as well as for the honeymoon would also be more affordable.

The newlyweds left for their honeymoon on the 15th of November. They are starting in Barcelona, spending some time in Granada, and finishing the trip in Madrid. “When I was younger, I was fortunate enough to get to live in Granada, Spain. It is my favorite place in the world, and I try to get back there every 4 or 5 years. Because it’s so special to me, I always thought that when I met my husband I’d bring him back there. I’ve always wanted to go to Barcelona too, so it was the perfect line up! Lance has never been to Europe, so he’s super excited to see it,” said Mrs. Johnson.

The couple’s first date was on April 15, 2013. Lance proposed to her on New Years’ Eve at Balboa Park in the beautiful Spanish-inspired Alcazar gardens next to the Prado. The colors of the wedding were a combination of natural shades with a mix of textures.

At first, Mrs. Johnson thought she would be getting married at St. Joseph’s Cathedral in downtown San Diego. However, when the couple really thought about what they wanted their ceremony to be, St. Therese Chapel was the clear choice. Mrs. Johnson explained. “We opted for the chapel over a cathedral, vest and suits instead of tuxes, simple baby’s breath over elaborate floral arrangements. I have felt so fortunate to be a part of the Cathedral community, so having it in the chapel was a great way for me to incorporate that history into our special day. Father Martin couldn’t have done a more beautiful job. It was perfect.”