Ms. Lim, new addition to CCHS math department

With the new 2011-2012 school year come new students as well as new teachers.  This year, there are many new additions to the Cathedral Catholic community, including Ms. Lim, Algebra 1A and Geometry teacher.

Ms. Lim was born in Korea and has lived in a variety of places in the UK. She can read, write, and speak Korean fluently. She eventually moved to San Diego and went to school in El Centro. She attended the University of California San Diego for college.

She decided she wanted to be a teacher because she felt she was naturally good at teaching.  “I wanted to do something meaningful and something that was suited to my interests and talents,” she said.

She tried teaching different subjects until she finally decided to stick with math. She taught an SAT prep course and discovered that she especially liked teaching the math portion.

Ms. Lim heard about teaching at Catholic schools through a religious sister. Her favorite part about teaching at Cathedral is being able to practice her faith.  She’s happy to have the opportunity to share her faith with her students as well.

“God really provided for me to be here,” she said.

Ms. Lim’s favorite part about teaching is that it’s a new and different experience every day. She also really enjoys teaching in a faith filled environment.  She said, “I’m using God’s talents to help others.”