Misses Jordan, Lee become Mesdames Lonergan, Roberts

As the sound of crashing waves and the feel of the warm sun streamed through the minds of the students during summer vacation, a few lucky teachers welcomed the sound of wedding bells into their lives.

Mrs. Lonergan, formally known as Ms. Jordan, a religion teacher at Cathedral Catholic High School, tied the knot at St. Brigid Catholic Church on August 7, 2010. She married her fiancé of nine months, Joe Lonergan. Arms locked, the beautiful couple walked down the aisle together. In front of God, their families and their friends, they became husband and wife.

“Joe makes me a better person,” said Mrs. Lonergan.  This happy couple shows that waiting for the right person will always be worth it. From the proposal on Christmas Eve, to the family heirloom gown, to the wedding of her dreams, to the honeymoon in the Canadian Rockies: everything felt right for the former Ms. Jordan.

Mrs. Lonergan was not the only member of the CCHS staff to enter into wedded bliss this past summer.  With jitters, and butterflies in his stomach, William “Billy” Roberts proposed to Coach Dawn Lee at Sunset Cliffs on November 13, 2009. Her response: “I can’t imagine my life without him in it!” These two soulmates were married on August 14, 2010.

The ceremony took place at San Dieguito Park where Leighton Balalio, head of security at CCHS, read a poem in Hawaiian. To add a special twist to the wedding, the reception was held in Cathedral Catholic’s very own Claver Center.