Valedictorian to attend Stanford

He is ranked number one in his entire class, was voted “Class Genius” by his peers, and holds the proud title of Valedictorian. Taking Algebra 2/Trigonometry (honors) his first year in high school, AP European History and AP Biology his sophomore year, and five AP classes his junior year, this English and French speaking student showed clear indications that he was above and beyond the average teenager.

Now, as a senior, he continues to astound others by taking a total of six AP courses, an honors course, and a zero period class. With that heavy academic work load, he has still been able to maintain a 4.86 GPA.

Clint Akarmann truly stands out among his senior peers. He has earned his honors through the hard work, time, and effort he has put into his entire high school career.

After proving his abilities to Cathedral, he continued to win the attention of many top universities as well.

He applied to twenty-one schools and was accepted by fourteen, including UC Berkley, UCLA, Dartmouth, Cornell, Stanford, Northeastern, Georgetown, and other highly ranked schools.

After thinking about his top two, Dartmouth and Stanford, Clint decided to commit to Stanford. “I wanted to go to Stanford because of its great academic reputation. There really is a sense of community there, and I liked the welcoming student body,” said Clint.

Clint has participated in several extra-curricular activities in high school. His most memorable include four years of badminton, which he calls his “best high school experience,” and being a part of the ensemble in this year’s musical, The Wedding Singer.

Clint is also a member of NHS, Academic League, and the World Link Club; he was also the sports editor for El Cid for two years.

Clint says that Cathedral’s college-prep curriculum prepared him well.

“Cathedral has been a challenge for me; the courses were hard, and I found myself having to work harder than ever. However, I liked every class I had; my teachers were all good and helpful.”

To the rest of the Cathedral community, Clint encourages everyone to continue working hard in all their classes ad in everything they do.

“Try to push yourself as much as you can,” Clint says. “A lot of people do not realize that being smart does not just come naturally. You still have to work hard and put in a lot of effort. School can be very challenging, but in the end, it can also be very rewarding.”

Clint plans on focusing in either economics or international relations when he goes to Stanford. After four years, he would like to study law.