The Week In Pictures: January 2, 2017 – January 6, 2017

Kelsey Bacinett, Editor-in-Chief

After more than two weeks of relaxation, snow-filled vacations, and holiday cheer, Dons barreled back onto campus from winter break. The first day of second semester began midweek with the St. Elizabeth Seton Liturgy. In addition, the campus buzzed with sports action from winter sports, including water polo, soccer, rugby, and basketball. With the advent of the new year, students look forward to a new semester filled new opportunities.

• The sun kissed the sky goodbye over Del Norte High School before the CCHS freshman soccer team's match against DNHS. (Kelsey Bacinett )
  • Students embark on a new journey through 2017 as they realize some elements never change, like the infamous lunch tabes. (Lauren Rabbitte)
  • After a great first win to kick off the season on Saturday, the varsity rugby team walked off the field alongside their opponents from Dana Hills High School. (John Fraser)
  • Joshua Espinoza '17 makes a pass to Jack Lewis '17, leading the boys varsity rugby team closer to its winning score of 77-12. (John Fraser)
  • The CCHS boys basketball team played its first home game on Saturday against Coronado High School in Las Vegas. (Dylan Page)
  • Delivering a pass to a teammate down the field, Kane Barton '18 diverts the defense away from the action. (LeeAnne Bates )
  • The CCHS girls water polo team takes on Carlsbad High School Saturday, narrowly losing 5-7 at home. (Justine Apostol )