Girls JV Tennis confident, dedicated

As they begin the 2010 season, the girls of Cathedral Catholic’s JV Red Tennis team are holding high expectations for their success. With wins against Orange Glen and San Dieguito Academy on their record, they feel as if, they are improving with each passing day.

Though the team’s record is 2-3, the players feel very confident that they can turn this into a winning record.

Tryouts for the team were long, and although temperatures have been high, the players feel that they must adapt to whatever weather conditions are thrown at them.

Junior Francesca Horton said, “We improve our skills, and Coach T (Mr. Manuel Terzoli) encourages us to do our best at every practice. He pushes us to become better singles and doubles players.”

Of the team’s chemistry, Coach Terzoli said, “It’s great because everyone gets along. We are all improving while we have fun. It is a great experience for all of the players.”

The team is looking ahead towards a few matches that are sure to be difficult. Although the girls showed a lot of effort, they fell short of wins against Scripps Ranch, Fallbrook, and San Pasqual.

Francesca said, “We were upset that we did not win those games, but we just have to keep moving on because we know that with all our hard work and dedication we will start winning more and more games.”