From chapel to classroom to homecoming court, CCHS princesses embody school’s core values

The CCHS community enjoyed the homecoming court shown here walking down the red carpet last Friday at Manchester Stadium the homecoming football game.

Dylan Page, Assisant Sports Editor

The Cathedral Catholic High School community celebrated the 2016 Homecoming Court as it graced the field last Friday at Manchester Stadium, each student modeling CCHS core values with every step.

“I feel extremely blessed to have been nominated and picked for Homecoming Court,” Emmy Dunsford ’18 said. “It means a lot to me that I get to walk my dad down the football field.”

Homecoming princesses Mikaili Thomas ‘20, Lauren Munro ‘19, and Dunsford reflect the CCHS core values of faith, knowledge, character, and responsibility, which are requirements for nominations from teachers.

Munro shows her faith by attending confirmation class in preparation for her confirmation next May.

Dunsford attributes her faith to helping her embody the CCHS core values.

“I go to daily mass around three times a week, and I am a liturgical minister for campus ministry,” Dunsford said. “I have learned to love the mass, and by starting my day in the chapel, I can better see Christ in others throughout the day.”

As for Thomas, she said her faith played a critical role in her life when her dog passed away. She now she thinks of her dog as her guardian angel.

Not only do homecoming princesses serve as role models of faith at CCHS, but they also demonstrate achievement in their studies.

Munro takes several weighted classes, and she currently holds a 4.4 GPA.

“I really enjoy math,” Munro said. “It’s a subject that’s always clicked with me and made sense to me.”

Dunsford, on the other hand, takes pride in her schoolwork in hopes of matriculating into the medical field.

“My academic goals for high school and college are to work as hard as I can to achieve the best results possible,” Dunsford said. “I am a leader of Future Physicians and Healthcare Leaders Club.”

Meanwhile, Thomas seeks to gain the most out of her high school experience.

“My high school career academic goal is to try new things and get the best out of my education, as well as make friends and be a member of many clubs,” Thomas said.

Beyond demonstrating academic rigor, CCHS’s 2016 homecoming princesses model high standards of character.

“I try my hardest to surround myself with happy people,” Munro said. “When my friends are happy, I’m happy.”

Dunsford also works to surround herself with positive people.

“My close friends are the kind of people who inspire and push me to do better both academically and athletically,” Dunsford said, “We all have lofty goals for our future so we help each other stay on track in order to achieve them.”

Finally, the princesses model responsibility for all CCHS students.

“Between ASB, cross country, academics, and still finding time for friends and family, balancing my life can be hard, but I try to stay focused and manage my time,” Munro said.

In fact, the CCHS 2016 homecoming princesses find the balancing act they perform daily helps them to make responsible choices.

“I do consider myself to be a responsible person because I make decisions based on how the outcome will affect me in the future,” Dunsford said.