Dance team welcomes a bolt and a boy

JKF

Dance team dazzles with pom-poms and smiles.

Claire Coll, Staff Writer

The Cathedral Catholic High School dance team gained two secret weapons for this season in the form of Nicole Lucia as its new cheer coach and Aaron Quini ’17 as its first male dance team member.

“Coach Lucia currently owns a studio in 4S Ranch, Danceology, and was previously a Charger Girl,” CCHS student Grace Rodenbeck ’18 said.

The dancers were given a new leader earlier this season after the head of the program quit last March, exciting many of the dancers to find out what the future holds for the CCHS dance team under Lucia’s direction.

“I think our team has changed for the better,” CCHS student Ariana McClure ’18 said. “With a highly educated and well-respected coach, we are learning and improving each day.”

Another new asset to the team is Quini. His performance career goes beyond the gym to the dance studio, where he serves as a hip hop class teacher at Danceology, choreographing pieces for events like the Dance Awards.

According to Rodenbeck, members of the team hope that including both genders in their roster will draw multiple people, high schools, and communities together through dance.

With new talent from all angles, the future of the Cathedral Catholic dance team looks bright.

Lights. Camera. Action.