The Week in Pictures: Jan. 25, 2016 – Jan. 29, 2016

Cole Parsons, Photo Editor

Students started the week off with LIGHT Group on Tuesday, Jan. 26, where they discussed values of managing stress and revisited the definition of wellness. Later in the week, editor-in-chief, Celine Aubry-Dumand, and managing editor, Sarah Scherer, awarded our very own El Cid sports editor, Jackie Heitman, writer of the month for her efforts in improving sports coverage through the addition Sports Wraps, summarizing sports scores and standings each week. Cathedral Catholic’s Drama Department has been busy preparing their most recent performance for its debut in the end of February. Bye Bye Birdie focuses on the departure of rock and roll superstar Conrad Birdie’s draft into the army, but before he leaves, he promises one of his lucky fans a kiss. The rest of the story follows the mania and panic that ensues as fans dream of a final kiss with Conrad Birdie. By the end of the week, CCHS students were gearing up for their second school spirit rally of the year. The Winter Rally reflected the Winter Formal theme “May the Formal be With You,” a reference to Star Wars. ASB members dressed up as various Star Wars characters and lead the rally in costume. Although the rally began unified, by the end, junior and seniors classes were at each other’s throats, competing for dominance. ASB and Mr. Caulkins have promised to rectify this feud in future rallies, but until they do, many have expressed concern of the continuation of the rally tradition. Ending the week on a more positive note, El Niño has continued in San Diego County, brining bucketfuls of rain and gusty winds to the area during the weekend.