The Week in Pictures: Jan. 18, 2016 – Jan. 22, 2016

Cole Parsons, Photo Editor

Though it was a short week, Cathedral Catholic High School students managed to fit as much if not more into the past four days as usual. Monday was Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a holiday when Americans across the nation recognize the admirable works of Dr. King and his fight for equality and desegregation. Tuesday rolled around quickly, though, and before they knew it, students were back at their books. On Wednesday, CCHS practiced a lock down, also known as a shelter-in-place drill, and they were then evacuated to Manchester Stadium. Though it was only for practice, it served as a reminder of the constant threat that students are under nationwide, and the increased importance of vigilance in regards to one’s surroundings. Also on Wednesday, juniors and their senior campus ministers left for a three-day retreat at Whispering Winds camp in Julian. There, they not only rekindled the love that God sends each of us every day and focused on unity with God, but they also strengthened bonds with their friends and family. Good food, games, and prayer filled the majority of their days at retreat. Finally, Friday night, Jan. 22, 2016, Cathedral Catholic’s varsity boys basketball team took on the Mission Bay Buccaneers and won 71-59. The student section showed its pride with white-out attire and the CCHS side was packed with spirited fans.