‘The Village’ opens select stores, expects grand opening in the fall

Joelle McComb, Staff Writer

The Village at Pacific Highlands Ranch, the soon to be mix-used shopping center on the corner of Del Mar Heights Road and Carmel Valley Road, now has an updated list of new stores and boutiques that will open this spring. It has expanded to encompass 160,000 square feet of dining, grocery stores, and boutiques, with 330 residential units. It will also combine retail tenants with parks and gathering spots for our Carmel Valley community.

There are seven schools located nearby, totaling to above 10,000 students in the area that will benefit from this new place. These schools other than Cathedral are – Canyon Crest Academy, Torrey Pines High School, Carmel Valley Middle School, Sage Canyon School, Carmel Del Mar School, and Ashley Falls School.

“We expect to have a grand opening event for the entire center sometime this fall, once most of the stores and restaurants are up and running,” said Daniel Curran, a Uni graduate from 1990 and Vice President of Coast Income Properties, the developer of the Village.

The updated list of tenants that the Village will offer is Trader Joe’s, Panera Bread, Rite Aid, The Baked Bear, Starbucks, Crunch Fitness, Urban Girl, Overload, Revive Salon and Day Spa, Pacific Highlands Dental, My Kids Dentist, Total Vision Care, and Pure Barre. There are many more restaurants and boutiques that will be opened as leases continue to be signed.

Starbucks opened on March 19 and Trader Joe’s plans to open March 27, with Panera also planning to open close to that timeframe. There will be five acres of public gathering space, including a public library, a dog park, bocce ball court, and a community garden in the Village.

With Starbucks now open, many students are happy. “I hope this new Starbucks won’t be as crowded as the one in the Highlands. I’m excited to buy a cold drink and also go to the other stores after school,” said sophomore Victoria Aragon. Even more so, students cannot wait to use the Village for their own leisure. Senior Alexis Castro said, “The Village looks like it’s going to be a great place for future students to relax after school or before school.”

Now that a few stores are starting to open, the Village will certainly cater to Cathedral Catholic students; so go grab a bite to eat or just enjoy yourselves after school ends at this new, well-developed community gathering center.

http://www.phrvillage.com