CCHS Campus Ministry choir excited about release of 2014 CD

Jordyn Bohlken, Staff Writer

Every month, the CCHS student body participates in a school-wide Mass filled with the music of the CCHS Campus Ministry Choir, or schola. If you like what you hear from them and also like to worship at home, make sure you pick up a copy of their new 2014 CD entitled “Veni Sante Spiritus.”

This year’s tracks are centered around the Holy Spirit and Friday morning prayer services. “It allows us to have something tangible for our ministry. Its also is great to get out in the community as a way of evangelizing,” said Mr. Pat Robell, director of the Campus Ministry Choir. “There are praise and worship hymns all through it. There are also instrumental pieces; it  makes great Christmas gifts”.

The CD includes all of your favorite tracks from our CCHS liturgy services like “Mighty To Save,” “Your Grace Is Enough,” “Your Only Son” and “Ave Verum Corpus.” Schola recorded the CD during their blocks, with the help of Mr. Steve Churchyard and Mr. Chris Hopsin, who bring their mobile recording devices and record right in the classroom. The CD was released on Grandparents’ Day. They are on sale in the bookstore for ten dollars. Students can also purchase a CD from a student who is in schola, as well as from the Kolbe Center.

“[Buying this CD] is an excellent way to give back to the school and support the schola program,” said Mr. Robell. “It’s also really well done and I think the students will like it. It’s a good way of remembering your class, and a great keepsake to look back on years down the road.”