Sophomores recreate Freshmen movie night

The ad for the Sophomore movie night

The ad for the Sophomore movie night

LeeAnne Bates, Staff Writer

“Everyone ate candy, watched a movie, and just had a great time,” said Sophomore Vice President, Kate Petosa. On Friday September 26th, in the Guadalupe Center, the Class of 2017 sophomores were invited to a movie night. Trying to recreate the exciting freshman movie night from last year, the sophomore ASB leaders put together a movie outing for sophomores only.

Going with the popular action film, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, students were pleased with the movie selection. Kate Petosa said, “Last year we showed a horror movie by popular demand, and we had over a hundred people come. We didn’t know what to expect for freshmen movie night, but it turned out well, so we wanted to do it again,” said Kate.

“We hoped this time we would have two hundred people,” she said. Not quite getting the amount of students they had wished for, the sophomore ASB was able to keep the fun alive with only eighty students present. Serving pizza and candy, the sophomores enjoyed being with their friends.

The sophomores this year were not the only ones who enjoyed watching a movie late night. The class of 2016 juniors also relished in the same fun last year. Junior class President, Matthew Elliot said: “Last year’s movie night was a lot of fun, and we watched Grown Ups. We served popcorn and the kids loved it.” The class of 2016 had around ninety students show up, and the students were able to take blankets out on the knoll, cuddle up, and enjoy the selected comedy.

The success of last year’s move night pushed ASB to have it again this year. “I talked to a lot of people, and they definitely liked it. We got positive feedback all around. Everything went according to plan,” said Matthew.

Overall, the class of 2017 thoroughly appreciated the hard work that ASB put in to the movie night. “I would love a movie night next year,” said sophomore Megan Kreta. Repeating a movie night two years in a row, the class of 2017 ASB might consider showing another film next year when they are juniors.

For now, the ASB team is contemplating on whether or not they should have another event for the sophomore class. Kate Garfalo, Sophomore President, said, “We might even have a sophomore dance as well.” All in all, ASB and the class of 2017 look forward to all of the events that are planned this year.