CCTV kicks off ninth season with new moderator, Mr. Kevin Hare

Aaron Quini, Staff Writer

Eight years ago, Mr. Ryan Andrzejweski began CCHS’s weekly news show, Cathedral Catholic Television, popularly called CCTV. Every week, students and teachers collaborated to create a show to inform fellow students about what was happening around campus. Now under new moderation by Mr. Kevin Hare, this year’s cast and crew is working very hard for an entertaining ninth season.

The entire CCTV works nonstop every week to produce each episode. They are given a full week to find events and turn them into stories. Most of the work is done during school, but a lot of students continue to work on their weekly projects at home.

By Wednesday of each week, students have finished the top story, two to three other stories, and about three to four sports stories. Something new this year is that reminders and important dates will be broadcast to students. This will be helpful as students will be less likely to forget test dates and dress up days.

Within the big CCTV team, there are several groups and roles that the students are split up into. In these roles, students are responsible for completing their designated assignments each week. The roles both on and off camera are the anchors Aidan McCay and Kara Stevick, sports anchor Micaela Dea, lead cameraman Ben Bleichwehl, lead editor Bryce Duggan, graphics person Jack Gitre, tech person Jake Herrick, and story teams one through six. Each team is responsible for covering stories for each week. At the end of the week, a small number of the stories are selected to be in that week’s episode of CCTV.

Changes to the show are occurring almost every day. The graphics team works to create new effects and transitions. The cameramen practice their techniques to get the best possible angle when filming. The anchors work on speaking clearly and with energy, and since no episode is going to be 100% perfect, there is always room for work and improvement.

Mr. Hare wants the CCTV cast and crew to emulate real news shows. He said, “Every broadcast improves.”