CCHS senior surprises his Valentine (video)

When it came to his last Valentine’s Day as a Cathedral student, senior Kevin Santos wanted to make the day memorable and special for his girlfriend Brenda Ramos.

Brenda and Kevin met as freshmen and had crushes on one another, but they didn’t go out until they were sophomores. The couple has been together ever since, although, according to Kevin, not without a few “bumps along the way.”

Kevin believes that he and Brenda have a strong relationship, so the 2011 Valentine’s Day celebration was going to be unique.

Kevin began by learning, with the help of friend Jack Wilson, how to play the song “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars in its entirety on the guitar.

When February 14th rolled around, Kevin was ready to go, with a bouquet of red roses prepared and his guitar tuned. He asked Cathedral teacher Ms. Melissa Padget if he could surprise Brenda during class, and she agreed and came up with an idea to have each student from the class come in one at a time and each put a single rose in a vase on Brenda’s desk.  At the time, Brenda was in Mrs. Anniccihiarico’s AP Environmental Science class.

When the time came, each student entered, and Brenda was in complete shock. “I didn’t expect her to cry that much,” Kevin said afterwards.  Kevin was the last to enter the room, and he broke out in song. Soon, the whole class joined in and sang the song to Brenda.

“I thought it was really sweet and amazing,” Brenda said as she smiled up into Kevin’s eyes.  “I was so surprised. I didn’t expect anything. It was heart-warming.”

View Comments (1)

• A

Alexis JammoFeb 26, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Oh my goodness! Just saw that there was a video!!! This is the most adorable thing ever to occur at cchs! Go Kevin! You are awesome 😀
    Such a sweet and cute couple to set an example for the rest of us! :))

Reply