Winter Formal: La Vie en Rose

Winter Formal: La Vie en Rose

Talk of Winter Formal is abuzz amongst Cathedral Catholic students as thoughts of love and Valentine’s Day fill the air.

After accepting feedback from last year’s formal, ASB has decided to hold this year’s dance at the Rancho Bernardo Inn, the same place where it was held in 2010.

This year’s theme will be La Vie en Rose, a French theme. Junior Class Vice President Gioia Kabel said that the theme was “…more of a love theme, being right around Valentine’s Day. There will be a strong Paris vibe, which will be incorporated through our decorations and centerpieces.”

“There will be a lot of black, white, and red decorations,” said Ms. Elizebeth Tysor, Director of Activities. “We are going to have a lot of food items that relate to the theme, such as French pastries. Smoothies and milkshakes will also be returning from last year.”

The Rancho Bernardo Inn fits the theme as well. “It has a French architectural feel,” said Ms. Tysor. “We are the first school that they have actually invited onto their grounds.”

As February 12th draws near, students will have a lot to look forward to for this year’s dance. Mike Mezzino of ASB said that this formal’s memorable qualities will be “…the atmosphere and overall experience of the dance.”