Disguised SRHS students sneak onto CCHS campus

Rarely in the history of CCHS or Uni have students dared to defy authority in the way that one CCHS student and two Scripps Ranch High School students did on the first day of the 2010 school year. According to Dean of students Robert Tubbs, this has never happened before in the history of CCHS,  but he does not know whether or not it occurred at University High School in the past.
On Monday, August 23, the first day of the CCHS school year, two Scripps Ranch High School Students trespassed on campus and impersonated CCHS students. The unnamed duo was aided by an unnamed CCHS Junior who gave them uniforms and a class schedule.

What makes this practical joke stand out to Dean of Students Robert Tubbs is the fact that the SRHS students wanted to be at school during their summer vacation. That’s right, SRHS was still on Summer Vacation, and these kids had nothing better to do than come to our school for a day of schooling.

The SRHS students came to school in the morning and acted like every other student on campus. They went to class, they went to break, and they went to lunch. The students were able to lie their way through their first two classes because of the natural confusion of the first day of school. However, when an announcement from the attendance office came over the intercom, the students were sent to the office and discovered to be impostors.
When the students were questioned in the attendance office, they did not cooperate. As stubborn as they were in the beginning, they started talking as soon as the police arrived to interrogate them. When the police discovered that the students were not truly CCHS students, they were arrested for trespassing and were released to their parents shortly after.

Dean of Students Robert Tubbs was amused when he recalled the events of August 23: “It is really bizarre that any student would want to spend a day of their summer vacation at school, even if it was a practical joke.” Although amused, Dean Tubbs was adamant about the severity of the trespassing: “It puts our security at risk when people who shouldn’t be here are here… some people might think of it as a harmless prank, but it really can affect the entire school community.”

It is known by some students at CCHS that it is perfectly acceptable at schools like La Costa Canyon High School to go on campus during lunch and have lunch with the students. However, CCHS is different in that it is a closed campus; students are not allowed to leave or enter campus freely during the school day.

Mr. Tubbs also stressed that CCHS is a better place because of the “closed campus” rule: “ CCHS is a closed campus. We let Alumni visit at lunch; a safer, more secure school environment is present at CCHS because we are a closed campus.”

View Comments (1)

• D

DuncanFeb 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM

HAHAHHAHAA classic times. I remember this. Love it

Reply