Mrs. Franklin seeks to grow the Ambassadors program

Julia Way, Staff Writer

When Mrs. Ashley Franklin heard that Mr. Tom Rickling sought a replacement for his position as the Moderator of the Ambassadors for Christ Corp, she was already poised to get involved with the organization. When Mrs. Franklin took over Mr. Rickling’s role last spring, she began pushing the organization to build upon Cathedral’s established level of innovation and public relation.

The Ambassadors program is especially close to Mrs. Franklin’s heart because she served as a member for three years when she attended Cathedral. “When I heard that Mr. Rickling was stepping down, I was already very interested in getting back involved with the Ambassador program,” she said.

Since much of what the Ambassadors do takes place out of school hours, Mrs. Franklin has no trouble balancing her teaching schedule and running the program. The expanding Ambassador program is dedicated to representing the Cathedral Catholic student body for the surrounding community. Ambassadors are frequently giving tours of Cathedral, attending alumni reunions, and working the admissions booth at many events hosted on the Cathedral campus.

“Ambassadors [can] impact families and the outside community because they represent not only the school, but also the diverse student body,” Mrs. Franklin said.

As the student body grows, Mrs. Franklins hopes that the Ambassador program will grow alongside it. She has already begun to move the Ambassadors program towards modernization as far as communication goes.

“It’s really important to me that we grow as an organization. I really wanted to get integrated with the iPads, so I started getting into regular communication about events with the ambassadors through email and Google Docs,” Mrs. Franklin said.

Besides making their program tech-friendly, Mrs. Franklin wants to see the Ambassadors branch out to include new, social events. “It’s a much bigger organization than when I was an ambassador. [The Ambassadors program] really grew to encompass many events with prospective families and alumni.”

As the Ambassador program continues to grow, their new moderator Mrs. Franklin aims to use new technology to reach out and better serve the outside community with the “represent the student body of Cathedral Catholic to the best of their ability”.